1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places November 23, 1981.
Also known as:
The Lane Place was the home of Sen. Henry S. Lane (1811- 1881) and Joanna Lane (1826-1914). It is located at 212 South Water Street in Crawfordsville, Indiana. Helen Elston Smith, the Lanes' niece, inherited the house after Joanna's death. She willed the house and its contents to the Montgomery County Historical Society on February 26, 1931. 85%-90% of all of the furnishings are either original to the house or belonged to the Elston Family. The house has been a museum since 1931 even though Helen continued to live in the home until the mid-1930s.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981. It is located in the Elston Grove Historic District.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/81000003