Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 06, 2020.
Also known as:
The Harrison Street Bridge was a bridge which crossed the Embarras River east of Charleston, Illinois. The Camelback through truss bridge was 185 feet (56 m) long and 27.25 feet (8.31 m) tall at its highest point. Builders Oliver & Alexander constructed the bridge in 1898. The bridge was the only Camelback truss bridge ever built in Coles County.
The bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 30, 1981. At the time, the bridge was closed to vehicles and reported as being in poor condition. The bridge was demolished in 2011, and was delisted from the register in 2020.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/81000213