1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places September 11, 2018.
J. C. Johnson House is a historic home located at Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. It was designed by the noted Fort Wayne architectural firm Grindle & Weatherhogg and built in 1897. It is a large 2 1/2-story brick dwelling with Queen Anne and Romanesque Revival style design elements. It features a projecting tower, two-story bay constructed of limestone, four slender chimneys, and a slate roof with decorative ridge trim.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and was delisted in 2018. It is located in the Goldsmith C. Gilbert Historic District.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/82000032