Address: 1202 Franklin St., Boise, Idaho. County/parish: Ada.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places November 17, 1982.
The J.N. Wallace House in Boise, Idaho, is a 2-story, shingled Colonial Revival house designed by Tourtellotte & Co. and constructed in 1903. The first floor features a veneer of random course sandstone, and shingles of various shapes decorate the wraparound porch and the second floor. Deep, pedimented gables with dormer and dimple windows characterize the roof. Outer walls on the porch and second floor are flared. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Plans for the Wallace House were drawn in 1903, but the house may not have been completed until 1905. The Wallaces sold the house to C.H. Lingenfelter in 1908.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/82000251