Address: 547 W. 1st St., Weiser, Idaho. County/parish: Washington.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places November 17, 1982.
The Anderson–Elwell House, located at 547 W. 1st St. in Weiser, Idaho, is a Queen Anne-style cottage which was designed by John E. Tourtellotte & Company and was built in 1900. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
It is a one-and-one-half-story brick and frame house which is "complex and various in appearance." It includes red brick, cut stone, and shingle siding in several patterns.
The house was built for A. B. Anderson, "a very prominent Weiser capitalist, president of the Weiser Bank, and the town's first mayor (1900-1901)", who lived next door. This house was occupied by Anderson's daughter and her husband Billy Elwell, who was the Weiser manager for Mountain States Telephone Company.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/82000373