1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places July 14, 2015.
The McElwain House is an historic house at 11 West Presque Isle Road in Caribou, Maine. Built in 1916-17 by a prosperous farmer, it is a fine local example of Colonial Revival architecture and a reminder of a period of prosperity in Aroostook County. It is home to the Northern Maine Development Commission; it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in April 1982, and delisted in 2015.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/82000739