Address: 205 DeMers Ave., Grand Forks, North Dakota. County/parish: Grand Forks.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places July 13, 2018.
The Building at 205 DeMers Ave. is a property in Grand Forks, North Dakota that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. While the building was still listed on the National Register in 2009, it apparently was destroyed by the 1997 Red River Flood.
It was built in 1888, but its first occupant is not known. It was later occupied by a harness-maker shop. According to Joe and Norene Roberts, the building is significant for its architecture, as "one of two early brick-veneered frame commercial buildings which represent the first generation of substantial business blocks in the city of Grand Forks."
It includes Early Commercial, vernacular, and other architecture.
The listing was for an area of less than one acre with just one contributing building.
The listing is described in the North Dakota Cultural Resources Survey document.
The property was covered in a 1981 study of Downtown Grand Forks historical resources.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/82001316