Address: S. of Burnside on River Rd., Burnside, Louisiana. County/parish: Ascension.
2 contributing buildings.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 31, 2019.
Tezcuco is a former plantation in Burnside, Louisiana, U.S.. It was built c. 1855 for Benjamin Tureaud, and designed in the Greek Revival architectural style. The plantation remained in the Bringier-Tureaud family until 1950, when it was purchased by Dr. and Mrs. Robert H. Potts. In 1982, the owner prior to the fire, Annette Harland, obtained the land from the Potts Family and turned the plantation into a bed and breakfast in 1983. <ref name=nrhpdoc>General and Mrs. 0. J. Daigle (June 1982). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination Form: Tezcuco". National Park Service. Retrieved March 19, 2018. With thirteen photos from 1982.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 3, 1983, and was delisted on January 31, 2019.
It burnt down in May 2002. the cause of the fire is undetermined. Ruins of the columns are still visible.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83000485