Address: Anawan St., Fall River, Massachusetts. County/parish: Bristol.
5 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places April 15, 2014.
Part of Fall River MRA (NRIS 64000279).
The Metacomet Mill, built in 1847 by Colonel Richard Borden for the manufacture of cotton textiles, is the oldest remaining textile mill in Fall River, Massachusetts.
The adjacent American Printing Company Mill No. 7 (also known as Fall River Iron Works Mill No.7) was constructed in 1906 for the production of cotton print cloth.
Both structures were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983, and today contain a variety of small businesses.
The site was also photographed and surveyed by Jack E. Boucher in 1968, as part of the Historic American Buildings Survey.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83000617