1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places June 30, 1983.
Part of Cambridge MRA (NRIS 64000275).
The William Saunders House is an historic house at 6 Prentiss Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is a 2 1⁄2-story wood-frame structure, three bays wide, with a front-facing gable roof. Two-story pilasters separate the bays, and there is an entablature below the fully pedimented gable. A single-story porch extends across the facade. The house was built by housewright William Saunders for his son, also named William. Originally located on Massachusetts Avenue, it was moved to its present location in 1926.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It served as a nursing home for a time in the 20th century, and is now operated as the Mary Prentiss Inn.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83000825