1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places June 08, 2011.
Part of Kalamazoo MRA (NRIS 64000327).
Engine House No. 3 is a former fire station located at 607 Charlotte Avenue in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
The first Kalamazoo hook and ladder company was established in 1846. By 1854 there were two companies, and the fire department continued to grow. In the early part of the 20th century, a number of new stations were constructed, and by 1910, the city had six stations. Four of these were designed by local architect Forrest D. Van Volkenberg, including Engine House No. 3. This station was constructed between 1907 and 1908, and it was used as a fire station by the city until 1980, when it was sold. As of 2013, the building was vacant.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83000857