Falls City School House (NRIS 83002352)
SE of Jerome,
Idaho. County/parish: Jerome.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
September 08, 1983.
Part of Lava Rock Structures in South Central Idaho TR
Also known as:
- Falls City School House
- The Falls City School House is a historic schoolhouse located 3 miles (4.8 km) south and 5 miles (8.0 km) east of Jerome, Idaho. The schoolhouse was built by stonemason H.T. Pugh in 1919; it is one of four schoolhouses built by Pugh. The one-story building has a hipped roof with overhanging eaves. A stone false front over the entrance has a segmental arch and a concrete panel with the school's name. Pugh used concrete blocks, which he made on site, to accent the entrance and the corners of the building. The schoolhouse served Falls City School District 36 until it closed in the 1960s.The schoolhouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. (read more...)
Pugh, H. T.
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83002352