Anasola, Jose and Gertrude, House (NRIS 83002356)
120 N. Alta St.,
Idaho. County/parish: Lincoln.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
September 08, 1983.
Part of Lava Rock Structures in South Central Idaho TR
Also known as:
- Jose and Gertrude Anasola House
- The Jose and Gertrude Anasola House near Shoshone, Idaho, United States, was built in c.1913 by stonemason Ignacio Berriochoa. It is a stone house with a shallow pyramid roof. Its front wall is built of dressed stone and a light plastering does not conceal the stonework. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.It was home of a Basque family, Jose and Gertrude Anasola, who operated a Basque boardinghouse nearby. It is a 26 feet (7.9 m) by 30 feet (9.1 m) lava rock structure that is "boxy" in appearance, which is speculated to perhaps be in imitation of the boxy Colonial Revival style frame houses being built in the area by non-Basque wealthy sheepmen. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83002356