Darrah House and Water Tank House (NRIS 83002365)
NE of Shoshone,
Idaho. County/parish: Lincoln.
2 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
September 08, 1983.
Part of Lava Rock Structures in South Central Idaho TR
Also known as:
- Darrah House and Water Tank House
- The Darrah House and Water Tank House, near Shoshone, Idaho, were built in 1913 by sheep rancher and stonemason Bill Darrah. They was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The listing included two contributing buildings on 5 acres (2.0 ha).The house is a one-and-a-half-story stone house with a truncated pyramidal roof. It is about 29 by 29 feet (8.8 m × 8.8 m) in plan.
The water tank house is about 15 feet (4.6 m) in diameter and about 20 feet (6.1 m) tall. It is located about 100 feet (30 m) east of the house. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83002365