Canyonside School (NRIS 83003579)
S of Jerome,
ID. County/parish: Jerome.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
October 14, 1983.
Part of Lava Rock Structures in South Central Idaho TR
Also known as:
- Canyonside School
- The Canyonside School is a schoolhouse located 4 miles (6.4 km) south of Jerome, Idaho. The lava rock building was constructed by stonemason H.T. Pugh in 1920; it was one of four stone rural schools built by Pugh. The school replaced several wooden school buildings in the area and was considered a sign of the region's agricultural prosperity, as farming in the area was profitable enough to sustain long-term investments in its educational infrastructure. The building is now used as a private home.The school was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. (read more...)
Kartske, Paul R.
Pugh, H. T.
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/83003579