1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 25, 1996.
New Albany and Salem Railroad Station, also known as Monon Station, was a historic train station located at New Albany, Indiana. The head-house was built about 1851, and was a two-story rectangular brick head-house. It had one-story wings and a long train shed at the rear added in the late 19th century.
The station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984, and delisted in 1996. It was demolished May 22, 1999.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/84001031