Reformed Dutch Church of Rensselaer in Watervliet (NRIS 85002745)
210 Old Loudon Rd.,
New York. County/parish: Albany.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
October 03, 1985.
Part of Colonie Town MRA
Also known as:
- Reformed Dutch Church of Rensselaer in Watervliet
- Reformed Dutch Church of Rensselaer in Watervliet (also known as Component No. 19) is a historic Reformed Dutch church at 210 Old Loudon Road in the hamlet of Latham, town of Colonie, Albany County, New York. It was built in 1817 in a vernacular Greek Revival style. It has a pedimented roof and corner pilasters. It features a square cupola with a single bell atop the roof with a large channeled cornice with a low pitch roof. It served as a church until 1886 and since then has been used as a feed store, public meeting hall, chapel, architect firm and most recently as theater for stage productions.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/85002745