1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places October 21, 2009.
The Former Sioux County Courthouse in Fort Yates, North Dakota, United States, was built in 1922 by contractor Adam Ulrich Ostrum. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1985 but was delisted in 2009.
The NRHP nomination form described the building as "rather plain", of a type of "'pattern book' courthouses prevalent in North Dakota counties south and west of the Missouri River." The nomination suggested there was a lower awareness of the historic value of buildings in the area and noted that the listing "could encourage further preservation in the area."
Delisting of a National Register-listed property usually follows demolition or other loss of its historic integrity.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/85002993