Address: Fifth Ave., Washburn, North Dakota. County/parish: Mclean.
2 contributing buildings.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places June 25, 2013.
The McLean County Courthouse in Washburn, North Dakota was built in 1908. It was a 2 1⁄2-story brick building with a central tower above the front entrance. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. The listing included two contributing buildings.
It was designed by the Hancock Brothers architectural firm from Fargo, North Dakota. The courthouse replaced a previous courthouse built in 1905.
Because of health concerns in the old building, county voters in 2010 approved the construction of a new courthouse. The 1908 courthouse was demolished in 2013.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/85002998