2 contributing buildings.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places May 28, 2004.
The Buck Oaks Farm is a historic place founded in 1932 located in Westworth Village, Texas. The house had Colonial Revival styling. It was designed by Earl T. Glasgow, an architect who also designed the Jermyn School and schools in the Fort Worth area.
The house on the property incorporated portions of an older log cabin which was moved, perhaps the c.1870 original cabin built by Elijah Farmer.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in July 6, 1987. It was removed from the National Register on May 28, 2004. Structures may be removed from the National Register if they have been demolished or otherwise suffered loss of historic integrity.
The house was used for military housing after the property was absorbed into the Carswell Air Force Base in 1954.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/87000995