Old Bell Telephone Building (NRIS 87001353)
100 blk. of Ash St.,
AR. County/parish: Mississippi.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
August 06, 1987.
Part of Osceola MRA
- Old Bell Telephone Building (Osceola, Arkansas)
- The Old Bell Telephone Building is a historic commercial building at 109 North Ash Street in downtown Osceola, Arkansas. It is a two story flat-roof brick building, built in 1911 to house the town's telephone exchange. The building is three bays wide, with the door in the right bay, with a transom window above. There is an original brass slot for accepting payments between the doorway and the center window. The builing was built by R. C. Rose, a local attorney who owned the telephone exchange. (read more...)