Planters Bank Building (NRIS 87001354)
200 E. Hale St.,
AR. County/parish: Mississippi.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
August 06, 1987.
Part of Osceola MRA
- Planters Bank Building (Osceola, Arkansas)
- The Planters Bank Building is a historic commercial building at 200 East Hale Street in downtown Osceola, Arkansas. It is a Classical Revival brick and mortar structure, designed by Missouri architect Uzell Branson and built c. 1920. It is one of the most architecturally sophisticated buildings in the city, which is otherwise dominated by vernacular early 20th-century commercial architecture. It has house banks for most of its existence, although it briefly served as city hall in 1943-44. (read more...)