Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 02, 2020.
Also known as:
The Benson Water Tower was a water tower located on Clayton Street in Benson, Illinois. The tower was built in 1891 in response to several serious fires in Benson; it supplied the village with water until 1985. The tall brick tower had a large wooden water tank on top. The tower was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. It has since been demolished, and was delisted in 2020.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/87002034