Bank of College Grove, The (NRIS 88000289)
US Alt. 31,
Tennessee. County/parish: Williamson.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
April 13, 1988.
Part of Williamson County MRA
Also known as:
- The Bank of College Grove
- The Bank of College Grove in College Grove, Tennessee, opened in a frame building in 1911, and the building was significantly remodelled in 1927, with the exterior gaining a brick veneer and Doric pilasters. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.The bank had assets of $27,000 at the end of its first year, and was a successful venture for the next two decades. Unlike several other Williamson County banks in rural areas, such as Bank of Nolensville, Thompson Station Bank, and a bank at Leiper's Fork, the College Grove bank then survived the Great Depression, and continued in operation at this location until 1965, when it moved to a building next door.The property was listed on the National Register as part of a 1988 study of Williamson County historical resources. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/88000289