1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places November 18, 2011.
The John S. Russwurm House is a house with Federal architecture, dating from 1819, in Triune, Tennessee that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
The listing was for one contributing building on a 1.4 acres (0.57 ha) that also included are two non-contributing buildings.
It was built by John Russwurm, an early settler of the Williamson County. As of a 1988 study, the house was deemed to be the best surviving example of either a single or double cell brick residence from its era. It was built first as a one-story brick residence, and "was later enlarged with a two-story double, cell addition. This double cell arrangement is the only remaining example of this type of construction in Williamson County."
The Constantine Sneed House, also NRHP-listed, seems to have had a double cell plan but has since been altered.
The Russwurm house was delisted from the National Register on November 18, 2011. Delistings usually occur after a building has been demolished or otherwise lost historic integrity.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/88000349