2 contributing buildings.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 31, 2015.
St. Matthew's Episcopal Church is a parish of the Episcopal Church in Houma, Louisiana, in the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana. It is noted for its historic church at 243 Barrow Street, which was built in 1892 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
The parish was chartered in 1855. In 1857, Robert Ruffin Barrow donated five lots on Barrow Street, where the first church was built in 1857. In 1888, fire destroyed the rectory and the church was deemed unsafe, leading to the construction of the current buildings 1890–92.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/89000331