Greenwich Presbyterian Church and Cemetery (NRIS 89001065)
9510 Burwell Rd.,
VA. County/parish: Prince William.
1 contributing building.
1 contributing site.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
August 18, 1989.
Part of Civil War Properties in Prince William County MPS
Also known as:
- Greenwich Presbyterian Church and Cemetery
- Greenwich Presbyterian Church and Cemetery is a historic Presbyterian church and cemetery located at 9510 Burwell Road in Greenwich, Prince William County, Virginia. It was started in 1859, and is a one-story, gable-roofed brick church building in the Gothic Revival style. It features two pointed-arched front doors, decorative buttresses on the side walls, and large, pointed, arched windows on the front and side walls. It has a wooden church tower with a louvred belfry and a shingle-covered spire topped by a weathervane. The adjacent cemetery has at least 100 headstones and includes the graves of several American Civil War soldiers, including Captain Bradford Smith Hoskins, a colorful Englishman who rode with Colonel John S. Mosby.It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/89001065