Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 19, 2001.
Bridge over North Fork of Roanoke River was a historic Pratt truss bridge located near Ironto, Montgomery County, Virginia. It was built by the King Bridge Company in 1892, and was a pin-connected through Pratt truss spanning 105 feet (32 m) between cast-in-place concrete abutments. It had ornamental steel lattice portal bracing around the top of the portals. The bridge was removed in 1995-1996, and replaced with new bridge.
The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989 and delisted in 2001.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/89001802