2 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places February 16, 1990.
Part of Newton MRA (NRIS 64000285).
The George W. Eddy House is a historic house at 85 Bigelow Road in Newton, Massachusetts. The 2.5 story stucco-clad house was built in 1913 for George W. Eddy, a merchant, to a design by the noted area firm of Chapman & Frazer. It is Newton's finest example of Craftsman styling; its slate hip roof includes curved sections above paired windows, a detail that is repeated in dormers that pierce the roof. A shed-style roof along a portion of the main facade shelters a recessed main entrance, whose flanking sidelight windows contain leaded glass.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90000038