Hill, Deacon Samuel, House (NRIS 90000165)
33 Riverhurst Rd.,
Massachusetts. County/parish: Middlesex.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
March 09, 1990.
Part of First Period Buildings of Eastern Massachusetts TR
- Deacon Samuel Hill House
- The Deacon Samuel Hill House is a historic First Period house at 33 Riverhurst Road in Billerica, Massachusetts. The 2.5 story timber frame house is estimated to have been built around 1725, based on analysis of its construction techniques. It was probably built by Deacon Samuel Hill, who inherited the property where it stood from Ralph Hill, an early settler of the area. The house was originally a single room in depth, but a leanto was added in the 18th century, giving it the typical Georgian saltbox appearance. One of the upper chambers has a rare example of wood paneling painted with a marbleized finish. The house was moved to its present location (likely a short distance from its original site) sometime in the 1970s.The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90000165