Noyes, James, House (NRIS 90000246)

Address: 7 Parker Rd., Newbury, Massachusetts. County/parish: Essex.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places March 09, 1990.

Part of First Period Buildings of Eastern Massachusetts TR (NRIS 64000281).

From Wikipedia:

James Noyes House
The James Noyes House is a historic First Period house at 7 Parker Street in Newbury, Massachusetts, USA. The house was built by the Reverend James Noyes, a Reformed pastor, who arrived in Newbury after landing in Ipswich in the mid-17th century. The Noyes family came from Wiltshire in England. The house dates from about 1646. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.The main block of the house is a ​2 1⁄2-story wood-frame structure, five bays wide, with a large central chimney. When the house was first built, it was only a single room deep; around 1800 a ​2 1⁄2-story cross-gable ell was added to the rear, which was further extended by a ​1 1⁄2-story ell later in the 19th century. The interior rooms of the main block have Federal period styling, probably dating to the time of the first addition. (read more...)


  • Unknown

Architectural styles:

  • Colonial
  • Other

National Park Service documentation: