1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places March 09, 1990.
The John Proctor House is a historic First Period house in Peabody, Massachusetts, United States. According to local tradition, this wood-frame house was occupied by John Proctor, who was convicted and hanged for witchcraft during the Salem witch trials of 1692. However, stylistic analysis of the construction suggests it was more likely built c. 1700 by Proctor's son Thorndike, who purchased the property from Charles Downing around that time. The house remained in the Proctor family into the mid-19th century.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. It is not open to the public.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90000253