Address: 804 SW. Taylor St., Portland, Oregon. County/parish: Multnomah.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 18, 1998.
The Knights of Columbus Building, also known as Aero Club Building, in Portland, Oregon, was a Late Gothic Revival architecture building that was built in 1920. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places from 1990 until its demolition. The building was demolished in 1998 or 1999. The property is now the site of the Paramount Hotel.
The Knights of Columbus inaugurated the building as its Portland lodge on October 21, 1920. It was designed by the Portland architectural firm of Jacobberger & Smith. By 1937, the Knights organization had moved out. In July 1937, the building was purchased by the Aero Club of Oregon (the Portland chapter of the National Aeronautics Association), who at the time were using a nearby building. The building underwent a remodeling in fall 1937, using plans designed by Portland-based Whitehouse & Church, the partnership of Morris H. Whitehouse and Walter E. Church.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90000830