Great Northern Freight Warehouse (NRIS 90001749)

Address: 420 N. Seventh St., Fargo, ND. County/parish: Cass.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places November 21, 1990.

From Wikipedia:

Great Northern Freight Warehouse
Great Northern Freight Warehouse is a red brick warehouse in Fargo, North Dakota that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. It was built in 1902 and later expanded, in Chicago and/or Commercial Style architecture style.It's significant for its history and for its architecture. The building is long and narrow, about 40 by 580 feet (12 m × 177 m) in plan. The eastern end is a two-story 40 by 52 feet (12 m × 16 m) section built in 1923, probably replacing an office section of the original 1902 building, which functions as a headhouse. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Unknown

Architectural styles:

  • Chicago
  • Other

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001749