Monroe Congregational Church and New Hope Cemetery (NRIS 90001768)
Rt. 1, about 7.5 mi. NW of Monroe, E of Looking Glass Cr.,
Nebraska. County/parish: Platte.
3 contributing buildings.
1 contributing site.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
November 28, 1990.
Also known as:
- NEHBS # PT00-23
- O'Kay Church and New Hope Cemetery
- Monroe Congregational Church and New Hope Cemetery
- The Monroe Congregational Church and New Hope Cemetery is a church and cemetery near Monroe, Nebraska. It was added to the National Register in 1990. The listing included three contributing buildings and a contributing site.The Monroe Congregational Church, built in 1881, is one-story frame building with a gable roof. The property includes a privy (c.1881), a storage shed (c.1881), and a Victorian wrought-iron fence. The New Hope Cemetery is about 100 feet (30 m) to the west.It is located in the community of O'Kay, which had population 250 around 1990. (read more...)
Murdock and Son
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001768