Linden Depot (NRIS 90001781)
202 N. James St.,
Indiana. County/parish: Montgomery.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
November 28, 1990.
Also known as:
- Monon and Toledo, St. Louis and Western Depot
- Linden Depot
- Linden Depot is a historic train station located at Linden, Montgomery County, Indiana. In 1852 the New Albany and Salem Railroad (later Monon) Railroad cut through Montgomery County, Indiana. The old stage road between Crawfordsville and Linden was given to the railroad as an inducement to get them to build through Linden. 1852 also saw the building of the first Linden depot, on a site behind the present day Post Office. The building was moved to the current location in 1881 when the Toledo, St. Louis and Western Railroad was built through Linden, crossing the Monon at this location.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001781