Old East Historic District (NRIS 90001784)

Address: 400 block of E. Washington St. and the 400 and 500 blocks of E. Monroe St., Attica, Indiana. County/parish: Fountain.

43 contributing buildings.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places November 28, 1990.

Also known as:

  • 045-025-09000

From Wikipedia:

Old East Historic District
Old East Historic District is a national historic district located at Attica, Fountain County, Indiana. The district encompasses 43 contributing buildings and 2 contributing structures in a predominantly residential section of Attica. It developed between about 1865 and 1930, and includes notable examples of Late Victorian, Tudor Revival, and Italian Villa style architecture. Notable contributing buildings include the Holmes House (1877), Meharry House (1908), Colvert House (1901), and McDermond House (1897).It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Johnson, Louis
  • Perkins, Charles

Architectural styles:

  • Italianate
  • Late Victorian
  • Tudor Revival

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001784

LC