Canaan Village Historic District (NRIS 90001800)

Address: Roughly bounded by W. Main, Bragg & Orchard Sts. & Granite Ave., North Canaan, CT. County/parish: Litchfield.

194 contributing buildings. 1 contributing site.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places December 13, 1990.

From Wikipedia:

Canaan Union Depot
The Canaan Union Depot, also known as the Union Depot, is located in Canaan Village, in the town of North Canaan, Connecticut, and is a former union station. It was built in 1872 at the junction of the Housatonic Railroad and the Connecticut Western Railroad which was acquired by the Central New England Railway. (read more...)
Canaan (village), Connecticut
Not to be confused with the town of Canaan, Connecticut. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Lorrain, E. R.

Architectural styles:

  • Colonial Revival
  • Other
  • Queen Anne