McKenney, William, House (NRIS 90001830)

Address: 250 S. Sycamore St., Petersburg (Independent City), Virginia. County/parish: Petersburg.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places December 06, 1990.

Also known as:

  • DHL 123-102
  • McKenney--Dunlop--Totty House

From Wikipedia:

William McKenney House
William McKenney House, also known as the McKenney-Dunlop-Totty House is a historic home located at Petersburg, Virginia. It was built in 1890, and is a large 2 1/2-story, Queen Anne / Eastlake style townhouse. It features stained and leaded glass, elaborate pressed brickwork, terra cotta roof trim, and a circular corner tower with a conical roof.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990, and currently serves as a public library. It is located in the Poplar Lawn Historic District. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Waite, Maj. Harrison

Architectural styles:

  • Queen Anne
  • Stick/Eastlake

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001830

LC