Union Historic District (NRIS 90001844)
Roughly along Main, Dunlap, Pump and Elmwood Sts. N from Royal Oak Field, including Paradise and Monument Fields,
West Virginia. County/parish: Monroe.
174 contributing buildings.
2 contributing sites.
1 contributing object.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 06, 1990.
Also known as:
- Echols, Brig. Gen. John, House
- See Also:Walnut Grove
- Union Historic District
- Union Historic District is a national historic district located at Union, Monroe County, West Virginia. The district includes 174 contributing buildings, 2 contributing sites, 7 contributing structures, and 1 contributing object in the Union and surrounding areas. Notable properties include the Monroe County Courthouse (c. 1882), Union High School (1939), Monroe County Confederate Monument (1901), Monroe Department Store (1898), Watchman Office (c. 1870), Union Presbyterian Church (1922), Union United Methodist Church (c. 1889), old Baptist Church (c. 1845), All Saints Episcopal Church (c. 1873), old brick Methodist Church (c. 1831), old Union Academy (c. 1820), Old Temperance Hall (c. 1849), Located in the district are the separately listed Elmwood, Walnut Grove and Brig. Gen. John Echols House.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. (read more...)
- Greek Revival
- Queen Anne
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001844