Marley House (NRIS 90001919)
N side of US 64 .1 mi. W of jct. with SR 2475,
NC. County/parish: Randolph.
4 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 18, 1990.
- Marley House
- The Marley House is a historic homestead located near Staley, Randolph County, North Carolina. The house dates to about 1816, and is a two-story vernacular dwelling of frame and log construction. A one-story, gable-roofed frame rear wing was added in the 1840s or 1850s, then enlarged about 1920. Also on the property are the contributing well house (c. 1880), garage (c. 1920), smokehouse and woodshed (c. 1920), livestock barn (c. 1910–1920), and Marley's Mill Dam (c. 1790).It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001919