Hillcrest Historic District (NRIS 90001920)

Address: Bounded by Woodrow, Jackson and Markham Sts. and N. Lookout Rd., Little Rock, Arkansas. County/parish: Pulaski.

1028 contributing buildings.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places December 18, 1990.

Also known as:

  • 82000879
  • 820009
  • 82000916
  • 84000238
  • 90001147
  • See Also:82000921

From Wikipedia:

Hillcrest (Little Rock)
Hillcrest Historic District is a historic neighborhood in Little Rock, Arkansas that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 18, 1990. It is often referred to as Hillcrest by the people who live there, although the district's boundaries actually encompass several neighborhood additions that were once part of the incorporated town of Pulaski Heights. The town of Pulaski Heights was annexed to the city of Little Rock in 1916. The Hillcrest Residents Association uses the tagline "Heart of Little Rock" because the area is located almost directly in the center of the city and was the first street car suburb in Little Rock and among the first of neighborhoods in Arkansas. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Cole, K. E. N.
  • Thompson, Charles L.

Architectural styles:

  • Bungalow/Craftsman
  • Classical Revival
  • Tudor Revival

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001920

LC