Courthouse Square Historic District (NRIS 90001931)
Roughly bounded by 7th, Walnut and 4th Sts. and College Ave.,
IN. County/parish: Monroe.
57 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 18, 1990.
Also known as:
- Monroe County
- See Also:Bloomington City Hall
- Courthouse Square Historic District (Bloomington, Indiana)
- Courthouse Square Historic District is a national historic district located at Bloomington, Monroe County, Indiana. The district encompasses 57 contributing buildings in the central business district of Bloomington. It developed between about 1847 and 1936, and includes notable examples of Classical Revival, Beaux Arts and Italianate style architecture. Located in the district are the separately listed Bloomington City Hall, Monroe County Courthouse, Princess Theatre, and Wicks Building. Other notable buildings include the Federal Building (c. 1912), Masonic Temple, former Faulkner Hotel (c. 1847), Odd Fellows Building (1892), Allen Building (1907), First National Bank Building (1907), Knights of Pythias Building (1907), and Graham Hotel Building.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. (read more...)
Nichols, John Lincoln
- Beaux Arts
- Classical Revival
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001931