Franklinton Depot (NRIS 90001941)
201 E. Mason St.,
North Carolina. County/parish: Franklin.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 27, 1990.
Also known as:
- Franklinton Woma
- Raleigh and Gaston Railroad Passenger Depot
- Franklinton Depot
- Franklinton Depot, also known as the Raleigh and Gaston Railroad Passenger Depot and Franklinton Woman's Club Clubhouse, is a historic train station located at 201 East Mason Street in Franklinton, Franklin County, North Carolina. It was built by the Raleigh and Gaston Railroad in 1886, and is a one-story, rectangular frame building with Italianate, Queen Anne, and Gothic Revival style design elements. The main section measures 51 feet by 16 feet, with an attached 10 feet by 12 feet baggage room. The main section has a steeply pitched gable roof and baggage room a low-pitched hip roof. It was moved to its present location in 1973 when acquired by the Franklinton Woman's Club as a clubhouse.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. (read more...)
- Gothic Revival
- Queen Anne
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001941