Martin, Dr. John Wilson, House (NRIS 90001948)
200 Ash St.,
Arkansas. County/parish: Bradley.
3 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 27, 1990.
- Dr. John Wilson Martin House
- The Dr. John Wilson Martin House is a historic house at 200 Ash Street in Warren, Arkansas. In addition to being a well-preserved specimen of an antebellum Greek Revival farmhouse, it is believed to be the oldest surviving residence in Warren. It was built for John Wilson Martin, one of the first doctors in Warren County. Its construction date is uncertain, but local tradition places its start in 1860, and its completion after the American Civil War. The two story porch and doorway with transom and sidelights are typical of the vernacular Greek Revival structures built in the area. Although it received some Folk Victorian modifications in the early 20th, it has retained its basic Greek Revival character.The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. It now houses the Bradley County Historical Museum. (read more...)
- Greek Revival
- Queen Anne
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001948