Louisa County Courthouse (NRIS 90001998)
Jct. of Main St. and VA 208,
Virginia. County/parish: Louisa.
4 contributing buildings.
2 contributing objects.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 28, 1990.
Also known as:
- Louisa County Courthouse (Virginia)
- Louisa County Courthouse is a historic courthouse building located at Louisa, Louisa County, Virginia. It was designed by architect D. Wiley Anderson from Richmond and built in 1905. It is a two-story, five-bay, porticoed Classical Revival brick structure. It measures 59 feet wide and 63 feet deep and features a pedimented portico supported by four Ionic order columns. It has a modified hipped roof topped by an octagonal drum, dome and lantern. Associated with the courthouse is the contributing old jail built in 1818, and rebuilt in 1868 after a fire; the Crank Building (1830); R. Earl Ogg Memorial Building (1917); and a Civil War monument.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90001998