Cambria Historic District (NRIS 90002002)
500--600 blocks Depot St., 500--600 block Montgomery St., 900--1000 blocks Cambria St., and railroad depots,
VA. County/parish: Montgomery.
33 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
January 10, 1991.
Part of Montgomery County MPS
Also known as:
- DHR file # 154-48
- See Also:Christiansburg Depot
- Cambria Historic District
- Cambria Historic District is a national historic district located at Christiansburg, Montgomery County, Virginia. The district encompasses 34 contributing buildings in the town of Christiansburg. It includes a variety of commercial, residential, and institutional buildings related to Cambria's historical role as the "port" for the nearby town of Christiansburg. The residences are reflective of a variety of popular architectural styles, in including Colonial Revival and Queen Anne. Notable buildings include the Surface-Lee Block, Dew Drop Inn, Epperly Pontiac dealership, Cambria Hardware Company Building, Palmer Store, Lee House, Cambria Baptist Church (1928), and the New Christiansburg Depot (1906). The Cambria Freight Station is located in the district and listed separately.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. (read more...)
- Colonial Revival
- Queen Anne
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90002002