Riner Historic District (NRIS 90002006)

Address: Roughly, E and S of jct. of Main St. and Franklin Sts., Riner, Virginia. County/parish: Montgomery.

23 contributing buildings.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places January 10, 1991.

Part of Montgomery County MPS (NRIS 64500684).

Also known as:

  • DHR file # 60-44

From Wikipedia:

Riner Historic District
Riner Historic District is a national historic district located at Riner, Montgomery County, Virginia. The district encompasses 23 contributing buildings and 1 contributing structure in the village of Riner. It includes a variety of vernacular residential, commercial, and institutional buildings dating from the 1850s to 1920s. Notable buildings include the Methodist Episcopal Church (1908), Bank of Riner (1912–1913), Jonathan E. Hall House / Store, Kinsey-Lawrence House (1908–1909), Dr. Stone Farm, Surface Mill (c. 1910), Auburn United Methodist Church (1885), and Sam Barnett Store.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Unknown

Architectural styles:

  • Greek Revival
  • Other

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90002006

LC