Woodlawn Historic and Archeological District (NRIS 90002012)
Between VA 625 and the Rappahannock R., E of US 301,
VA. County/parish: King George.
6 contributing buildings.
10 contributing sites.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
January 03, 1991.
Also known as:
- Woodlawn Historic and Archeological District
- The Woodlawn Historic and Archeological District encompasses a historic plantation near the Rappahannock River in southern King George County, Virginia. The 899-acre (364 ha) property is located east of US Route 301 near Port Conway. The estate boundaries are essentially the same as those when the plantation was first established in 1790. The main plantation house dates to that time although it has been extended and altered over the intervening centuries. Also of notable interest on this property are surviving antebellum slave quarters, and archaeological sites containing evidence of Native American occupation of the land.The plantation was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. (read more...)
- Colonial Revival
- Greek Revival
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/90002012