Second Presbyterian Church (NRIS 90002114)
419 W. Washington St.,
Petersburg (Independent City),
VA. County/parish: Petersburg.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
January 14, 1991.
- Second Presbyterian Church (Petersburg, Virginia)
- Second Presbyterian Church is a historic Presbyterian church located at 419 W. Washington St., Petersburg, Virginia. It was designed by architect and church pastor Theodorick Pryor and was built in 1861-1862, in the Gothic Revival style. It has stucco covered brick walls and a tower that protrudes from the central bay of its three-bay entry facade. The interior features iron ornamentation, cast by a foundry in Petersburg at the beginning of the American Civil War. (read more...)